August was a crazy little month for our family.
With all the stress surrounding our move, we still had to find a new preschool for Bella and we really lucked out.
I was torn though, we found two.
Proximity vs. Content
Turns out I just couldn't send Bella to the "glorified playgroup" nearby, so I decided to enroll her in the Transitional Kindergarten class about 20 minutes away.
This school simply offers so much more.
They base the TK program on the Fort Mill school district Kindergarten class curriculum and some. The teachers actually visit the kindergarten classes so that they can prepare the kids as much as possible. She starts promptly at 9 AM (and I've actually had to make a real effort here), they offer Gym classes, with an actual gym teacher, Spanish class with a Spanish teacher, and music class with a music teacher. She even gets homework and projects sometimes. And of course they work very hard on reading/writing & math, which it was all I ever wanted.
Bella absolutely LOVES her teachers, and they absolutely LOVE her right back. She looks forward to going to class 5 days a week.
Her attitude towards school so far has been positive and I hope it continues. And of course as it could've been guessed, her favorite class is... not a class at all.
RECESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment