Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 08

We had a lot of fun this Halloween. Probably one of the best we've had. From the ward trunk or treat, to carving pumpkins to the actual trick or treating day. The kids had a blast and we enjoyed every part of it. Here are some pictures.

This was the first door we came to. Bella didn't know what to expect I guess, so she put her hand to her mouth and said... "Oh no! I'm so scared"
Yeah... that lasted about a second until she saw the bowl of candy...




Our front door

Joshua and his buddy from Russia, Alex.

Some folks that actually got into it :)

Trick or treating in our complex was NUTS... a huge bunch of kids and their parents caught up to us and made things very interesting.
They were mostly Asians, and all of the grown ups had some sort of camera, camera phone, or video camera. Every time we came to a door, it was like Britney Spears was giving out candy...
The poor kids were blinded by so many flashes :)
Yes, I was a paparazzi too!

Someone yelled out "THERE'S Candy over here" and the kids took off running...
Reminded me of when I was a kid.




Joshua and Bella enjoying their loot.

Carving Pumpkins with Daddy!


Dwight did all of the dirty work. The kids didn't like the icky texture of the pumpkin guts :D

Bella REALLY wanted a Muno pumpkin. She even picked the nubbiest one she could find at the pumpkin patch.

The RESULTS...

Ward Trunk-or-Treat

Joshua was Bumblebee from the Transformers animated series.
We teased him a lot that he was going to be a bumble bee. He did not appreciate that :)

Brandon's first trick or treating :)

My sister Giselle & nephew Brandon

Off course Dwight chose to be Polamalu from the Pittsburgh Steelers.
He looked absolutely Hilarious!!

Bella chose not to dress up for the Trunk or Treat. She just wanted the face paint, tail and ears... We'll call her a calico cat ;)

Yeah... I don't know what was thinking either. And No, we did not decorate our trunk... We looked freaky enough!


Bella is very selective. She would not let anyone help her with the candy. If someone tried to hand her one, she would dodge their hand and get one herself.... stinker.

Joshua on the other hand was very polite and made out like a bandit!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Love Bella's costume, she and I could have totally been twins. Your Jack-O-Lanterns also looked very cool. It sounds like you guys had a really fun Halloween which is good to hear with our move.

Crazy Jen said...

Hey! I love all the pictures! You guys did a lot for halloween. We were very sad this year because we had no school Halloween party here. Very disappointing. The kids look great. I am glad to see that Joshus was not a real "bumblebee" for halloween.